We all impact one another as human beings. Witness the following as but one example:
1. Kurt Vonnegut writes many great books. One is “Bluebeard.”
2. A friend of mine reads it.
3. This friend lets me borrow it.
4. In the book, I pick up the phrase “baby-shit brown.”
5. I use the term “baby-shit brown” with Rodrigo, a gay, card-carrying Republican wardrobe designer I know.
6. Rodrigo has used the phrase “baby-shit brown” in every conversation I’ve had with him or near him ever since.
7. We all live forever, and maybe just maybe . . .
8. There is hope for Rodrigo’s political tendencies, now that he’s going around quoting Vonnegut.