Jetting into LA last Friday, hours after quitting my job in Albuquerque, I needed a weekend ‘home’ in LA and didn’t even know it. Every moment was GOLDEN. Here are but a few highlights:
1. Running up Washington Blvd, the heaviness of the salty ocean air hits me like an old friend.
2. The door man at Hinano didn’t need my ID; he said, “Girl, where you been? I know them blue eyes. Get yo’ ass in there!”
3. Group hug after group hug from my Venice peeps while I caught a 3BB (three beer buzz).
4. 15-mile solo oceanside mid-afternoon bike ride on my yellow Schwinn, which I miss very much.
5. Riding my bike on Speedway in Venice just after sunset and running into at least 7 close friends within 5 minutes. That’s more than 1 friend per minute!
6. Being fed tri-tip and Austrailian wine at Theory with yet another group of awesome friends.
7. Dog-piling the couch to watch Lawrence of Arabia.
8. Being woken up at 4AM by a herd of drunks who landed near my couch.
9. The shenanigan at Barnes & Noble.
10. Taking a nap at my Mar Vista art studio.